Gratitude is rich; rich in joy and peace. One of my favorite all time reads is One Thousand Gifts: Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. This book bore a sweet result within my soul. Though I wander into frustration or discouragement, I am always drawn back to the goodness of our God. So in that vein I give you a window into the beginning of this grand adventure.
What we are thankful for…
- Helping hands and joyful faces that have dropped in throughout the summer
- The prospect of having a home church again.
- Dad Wilson, who works like he is 30 years old, amazing man you are.
- News from home
- INTERNET! Although Starbucks doesn’t get as much of our dough, they don’t have to deal with 5-6 people, electronic devices in hand, using their web.
- Cooking away from bees in a makeshift kitchen in the basement
- Boys that are eager to learn and work.
- A dad who is willing to teach them.
- A washer and dryer! The laundry mat, is not so fun, although they do have fee internet! 🙂
- Water! Ugh, imagine 5 working guys without it!
- Thunder, lightning, and hail storms that shake the ground you stand on
- Four inspections passed in four days: whole house electrical, plumbing, mechanical, framing (for the loft area)
- BWG guys that keep things running while Jared is away. (Customers too!)
- The joy of watching Grandpa and Wilson engineer and create the pathway of 11bathroom fans and three dryer vents out the house.
- A trip home to see Brent and our dear friends and family
- Safety and no ER visits as of yet!
- Wilson is thankful for protection when a dirt bike accident could have been much worse than it was. He also says he is pretty darn glad when he can sleep.
- Asher…food, mom’s three hot meals a day. Asher is our garbage runner. He loads his “banana” chevy truck up with garbage and drives the twisty 4 miles to the dumpsters.
- Max…Novocain BEFORE cleaning and stitching up a cut in his hand. Mom and Max both nearly passed out with that doctor visit!
- Liberty…having family all around all the time. She also finds great joy in taking lunch orders and preparing food for everybody.
So, so thankful for a blessed beginning of the build.
Psalms 92:1 “It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High; to declare Thy lovingkindness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness by night.”